An ESP32 based presence detection node for use with the Home Assistant
mqtt_room component for localized device presence detection. This is a fork/rewrite of ESP32-mqtt-room.
- ESP32 base stations are cheaper and easier to use than Rasberry Pis
- Extensive fingerprint based ids instead of mac addresses so we can track or count things others can’t
- IRK based enrollment of Apple devices to passively uniquely locate even with private random addresses
- Home Assistant MQTT Discovery for easy HA configuration
- Auto-updates by downloading github released bin (with a preference if you don’t want this)
- Filters measured distance with both a median prefilter and a 1Euro filter (reduces jitter for more accuracy)
If you’re having difficulty getting things set up and work properly, check out the troubleshooting page before you open an issue. It will help you determine what information you need to provide to identify and fix what’s gone wrong.
This depends heavily on the hard work done by a number of people