ESPresense is a fork/rewrite of ESP32-mqtt-room.
- SUPER Easy Browser based installation
- Captive portal for easy WiFi setup
- Home Assistant MQTT Discovery for easy HA configuration
- Auto-updates by downloading github released bin (with a preference if you don’t want this)
- Uses a fingerprint instead of mac addresses so we can track randomized mac devices (like Apple Watches and iOS devices)
- Filters measured distance with botah a median prefilter and a Kalman filter (reduces jitter for more accuracy)
- Fully multithreaded, uses constant BLE scanning, doesn’t disable wdt (more reliable)
- Additional AppDaemon app that attempts to solve indoor position (x,y,z) with multiple ESPresense stations using multilateralization.
ESPresense depends heavily on the hard work done by a number of people:
- ESP32-room-assistant (GitHub). All credit for the intial codebase goes to him!
- Web Serial Terminal (Github) - Very nice terminal using web serial
- Marvin Roger (GitHub) - provided the Async MQTT library
- Benoit Blanchon (GitHub) (YouTube) - provided the Arduino JSON library